Thursday, June 15, 2023

June 2023

 Life just is going too fast.  Last post was way back in 2022 after Jeff had gotten hurt.  Our lives have changed so much since then.


Jeff has been diagnosed as legally blind.  He learns something new each day whether it be using his cane or falling over a box in the living room.  I learn new things being a caregiver.  The last time I played this role was for his mother.  That was hard, this is harder.


Our eldest grandson, Drew, who grew up in the store, graduated from high school last week.  I can't believe time has drifted away.  He will start State next fall.  Hasn't decided what he really wants to do, but he has so many choices.



Then just when you think life is getting easier the bottom falls out.  Dealing with my house being in reconstruction (they finally started my bathroom) mayhem, my living room full of boxes and inventory and the storage unit getting a butt head of a building manager, my stress level is beyond safe.  I pray, I sing, I meditate and I still have a headache.  BUT, It is all temporary.    This too shall pass.


Hope you are having a great summer so far,

Till next time,

Cheryl

1 comment:

Pat Roemmele said...

Cheryl, you WILL get through this. You will cry, pray and get through this. I lost 2 husband's in 8 years so I know what you're facing. As a ztholic, I found sol